The performance of the Home Improvement Agency is monitored via board that consists of representatives across the three district councils and Cambridgeshire County Council.
The board sets and agrees the strategic direction of the agency with a particular focus on delivering adaptations, funded through disabled facilities grants (DFGs). The role of the agency also includes maximising the well-being of its customers.
Explaining what we do and who benefits form our service, including information about our funding and plans.
Our Aims for 2017-2018
Improving customer service by:
Identifying how our customers would prefer to be contacted
Updating our customers more on the progress of their case
Enabling customers to “self serve” on our website
Promoting good news stories on our social media pages
Using customer feedback to improve our work
Improve waiting times by:
- Creating new contractor frameworks
- Filling vacant posts
- Working with Housing Associations to speed up the landlord consent process
- Introduce a tighter performance management culture
- Working closely with Occupational Therapists to improve the customer’s experience
Deliver a range of interventions by:
- Develop staff awareness of local health and well being services
- Encourage people to think about their future housing needs
- Signposting and referring clients to specialist support agencies
- Looking at national best practice to further develop our services