The grant that is available to carry out adaptations in your home is called a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG).

You can apply for a DFG if you are over 18 years of age and if you:-

  • Own your own home
  • Are a tenant of a private landlord or housing association
  • Are a landlord applying on behalf of a disabled tenant

If adaptations are required for a child the parent or guardian can apply on their behalf.

The Home Improvement Agency will make an application for a grant to the relevant Grants Officer at your local authority. The maximum funding available is £30,000.

Your local authority may be able to help if the work you need will cost more than this. Cambs HIA can also advise you about other sources of funding.

Back to top