Cambs HIA can help eligible clients through the Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) process. Our experienced team of Caseworkers, Surveyors and Administrators can help deliver the right adaptation solution to meet the disabled person's needs.
DFGs are mandatory grants to help eligible people with disabilities and the elderly carry out essential adaptations to their property to give them better freedom of movement into, and around their home, as well as provide access to essential services within the home.
Examples of work eligible under a DFG are:
- improving access to and from the property
- providing safe access to bathing
- the provision of a stair lift or through floor lift
- extensions to provide ground floor living
- adapting or providing heating or lighting systems to make them easier to use
For government guidance about Disabled Facilities Grants visit www.gov.uk\disabled-facilities-grants
Before making a grant application we will advise clients to request an assessment by an Occupational Therapist so that we can be sure that their immediate and long term needs will be met.
The Children Occupational Therapist service have produced this leaflet about the service they provide: Children's OT Information Leaflet